Supported Happy Pupils Succeed!
At Sheriff Hutton Primary School we aim to:
- Ensure all children are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential in an environment which is safe, stimulating and exciting; where everyone is valued for all of their efforts and achievements.
- Introduce children to a wide range of experiences and challenges which motivate and enrich their learning now and in the future.
- Enable each child to develop a true feeling of self-worth and a sense of responsibility to themselves, others in school and the wider community.
- Provide an environment in which all members of the school are happy, have respect for those around them and develop positive relationships founded on mutual trust.
- Value all people equally, upholding their rights regardless of gender, ability, disability, race, religion or culture.
- Promote links with other schools and the global community to enrich the experiences we offer and to inspire confidence and pride in the work of our school.
- Nurture the skills and attitudes which enable children to work independently and collaboratively.
- Encourage the development of lively enquiring minds, self-esteem, confidence and perseverance.
We believe our aims provide the basis for the delivery of a dynamic curriculum, the provision of an inspiring and creative learning environment and a foundation which will prepare the children for the changing nature of society.