We aspire for a curriculum which
1. Is underpinned by clear aims, values and purpose.
2. Develops the whole child – knowledge, skills and understanding whilst promoting a positive attitude to learning.
3. Is broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills.
4. Is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences.
5. Is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests.
6. Encourages the use of environments and expertise beyond the classroom.
7. Ensures academic success in a supportive environment that develops responsibility, creativity, reliability and resilience.
8. Has an eye on the future and the needs of future citizens.
9. Celebrates diversity and utilises the skills, knowledge and cultural wealth of the community while supporting the pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
10. Has a local, national and international dimension.
11. Develop pupils who care about their role as part of a family, community and the wider world; encouraging them to feel part of, and to contribute positively to fundamental British values.
Teachers ensure that learning meets our curriculum aims. When planning, consideration must be given to how best we can meet children’s needs, include all children and motivate them. More details can be found in our Curriculum statement.
We are currently updating our Teaching and Learning Policy but our previous version is still available Teaching and Learning Policy
Our curriculum is based around topics and themes from Year 1 to Year 6. In Early Years they follow Development Matters. Please click on the following link for an overview of our two year rolling programme.
For more detailed information about the curriculum for each class, please click below.
The following policies may also be helpful, if you require further information about our curriculum please do not hesitate to get in touch using the ‘Contact us’ page.
School trips, visitors and experiences are used to support learning within the classroom. They are an integral part of inspiring and engaging learning and can offer unique and memorable learning opportunities across the curriculum.