Our curriculum aims:
- To ensure that all children feel safe and happy in order for them to achieve their full potential.
- To have a positive impact on the local community.
- To develop tolerance, empathy and tackle stereotypes, preparing children for life in modern Britain.
- To prepare children for their next steps; from key stage to key stage and beyond.
- To be child-led, engaging and exciting.
- To develop creativity and collaboration skills.
- To challenge each child to achieve.
- To develop independence and resilience through meaningful and relevant content and approaches.
- To engage parents and the wider community.
- To value each child’s contribution and individuality.
- To use child-led differentiation to encourage children to take ownership of their learning and challenge themselves.
Teachers ensure that learning meets our curriculum aims. When planning, consideration must be given to how best we can meet children’s needs, include all children and motivate them. More details can be found in our Teaching and Learning Policy 2018.
For more detailed information about the curriculum for each class, please click below.
Bulmer Class Plan 2018 (EYFS) Curriculum Plan Neville Class (Years 1 and 2) Curriculum Plan Galtres Class (Years 3 and 4) Howard Class (Years 5 and 6)
The following policies may also be helpful, if you require further information about our curriculum please do not hesitate to get in touch using the ‘Contact us’ page.
Phonics Policy 2016-2017 Spelling-Policy